Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: joshroush -pretty in pink

  1. #1
    Inactive Member wizaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do a search. It's not Social D, it's Automatic 7.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member pretty_in_punk's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2003
    Posts
    1,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hmmmn...
    i did look into a bit.
    it seems others have it a social d too.

  3. #3
    mmsickboy
    Guest mmsickboy's Avatar

    Post

    I got a DL of that a loooong time ago. So long ago it was off Napster lol.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member pretty_in_punk's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2003
    Posts
    1,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So after researching i found this site and it says that the song was covered by both social d and atomic whoever.....

    http://www.inthe80s.com/covers/p.shtml

  5. #5
    Inactive Member gotXyourXcancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2003
    Posts
    500
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    any logical/understanding fan of social d would know right where they stand social d wouldnt dare touch a stupid song like that. the song is after the time and DEFINATELY NOT their style...nuff said

  6. #6
    Inactive Member syckgirlSFV's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    507
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I left this alone because I didn't understand it...I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do that song. I thought maybe I was just a little behind or something!

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner wolfpits's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,546
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you listen to enough social distortion you can listen to that "cover" of pretty in pink and hear right away that it is not them. Other than the vocals, you can hear the guitars dont have that same tone and you can hear the drum "style" and know right away its not any of the Social D alumni playing.

    I think at some moment in time, some goofball named his file as being social d and after years of trading, everyone thinks its a social d cover now.

    Just like reading the newspaper; just cuz its in print doesnt mean its true.

    ---steve

  8. #8
    Inactive Member pretty_in_punk's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2003
    Posts
    1,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    my friend had told me social d did a cover of pretty in pink which I downloaded. I think it was originally done by the psycadellic furs????

  9. #9
    Inactive Member pretty_in_punk's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2003
    Posts
    1,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That is the messed up thing about file trading...
    bad files make it around the world...

    I really dont know the answer to this qusetion..

    I did a search on yahoo..
    found other boards questioning this song..
    I very well might be wrong.. I wont deny it...
    although the vocals do sound like them.

    I dunno what to say bout it!!
    But I like my name so who cares??

  10. #10
    Inactive Member ShellyCrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2003
    Posts
    571
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I remember back in the days of Napster I too fell for the false listing- The kid from Automatic 7 does sound alot like Ness.. I really like the Psychadellic Furs so I was excited- then Kevin crushed my dreams :*(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •